If you have ever wanted to set up your own Mr. Linky so other bloggers can link up to your post then this is the mini-challenge for you! I have to admit that I've never done a Mr. Linky before...but that makes this the perfect mini-challenge for me.
Setting up a Mr. Linky is actually quite possibly the easiest thing
you can do now that I've gone through the process. Here it is step-by-step:
1. Register on the Mr. Linky site: here's the link for the registration page.
They will send you a confirmation number to the e-mail address
you use that you will have to enter to confirm you registration.
2. Once you are registered then you can click on the page across the top
that says "Wizard." It will take you to a page that looks like this:
3. On the Wizard page you have to select which server you use for your blog
and the type of widget you want to create. After you've made your choices you click "Generate code."
4. From here it's a little hard to explain what to do next. The next page will give you a
box with some code in it. Mr. Linky will explain where you have to embed that code. I use
Blogger so it explained that I have to copy the code into my HTML after I write my post.
You will have to read about what to do based on which server hosts your blog for you.
On the Mr. Linky site they also explain the different Linkies they have available. With the free registration you can get Image-Linkies or Original Auto-Linkies. You can upgrade your
subscription to a Silver membership for $5, a Gold membership for $10, or a
Platinum membership for $20. Upgrading your membership gives you
access to different kinds of linkies.
Another option for being able to ask other bloggers to link up to your post is to use Linky Tools.
Here are the step-by-step instructions for using Linky Tools:
1. Register for Linky Tools here.
(After you enter the funky human-identification code, you type in all your information.)
2. After you register and login, it should take you to your dashboard, if not,
you can click where it says "Your Dashboard" from the page choices at the top.
3. From the dashboard, you have to choose which kind of linky you want to
create from the drop-down menu on the right-hand-side. (The picture is kind of small,
but you can see there is a green arrow and a white box.)
4. After you choose the kind of linky you want, you can enter in all the information you want to include and the dates that it will be available and click "Click here and continue to get your code."
5. Your new linky will be listed on your linky dashboard now.
I don't have much experience with either of these other than having
registered myself so I would love if you give me some feedback on your
experience with either of these or another linky site out there.
By leaving me a comment, you will be eligible for publisher sponsored prizes
at the end of this glorious Bloggiesta weekend!
Also, if you accept the challenge and create your own linky you can link up here!